- Anthrozoös A Multidisciplinary Journal of The Interactions of People & Animals.
- HumAnimalia A journal of human/animal interface studies
- JCAS (Journal for Critical Animal Studies) A free online journal that promotes the fundamental notions of critical animal studies.
- Sloth A Journal of Emerging Voices in Human-Animal Studies.
- Society & Animals Society & Animals publishes studies that describe and analyze our experiences of non-human animals from the perspective of various disciplines within both the social sciences and humanities.
- TRACE Finnish Journal for Human-Animal Studies.
UK Research Centres/Groups
- British Animal Studies Network The BASN emerged out of a recognition that a growing number of scholars were researching human-animal relations from a number of different humanities and social sciences disciplines at a number of different institutions within the UK and beyond.
- BSA Animal/Human Studies Group The group will enable both current and future sociologists to put non-human animals on to the specialist and mainstream sociological research agenda, thus ensuring that animal-human studies becomes a viable and significant area of sociological study.
- CfHAS An interdisciplinary forum for research and activities that engage with the complex material, ethical and symbolic relationships between humans and other animals.
- Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics The first centre in the world dedicated to pioneering ethical perspectives on animals through academic research, teaching, and publication.
- ASI The Animals and Society Institute is a nonprofit, independent research and educational organization that advances the status of animals in public policy, and promotes the study of human-animal relationships.
- H-Net H-Animal aims to serve as an on-line home for scholars across disciplines who are engaged on the study of animals in human culture.
- International Society for Anthrozoology A supportive organization for the scientific and scholarly study of human-animal interactions.
- Minding Animals Minding Animals International Inc. works to further the development of animal studies internationally and to help establish legal and moral protections for all nonhuman animals.
- UC Davis Animal Studies Group The UC Davis Interdisciplinary Animal Studies Research Group gathers participants from the Humanities and Social Sciences, the School of Veterinary Science, the School of Law, and other fields to investigate contemporary and historical manifestations of animal issues such as the roles and uses of animals in society and cultural production, animal law, medical practice, ethics and animal rights, and broader theoretical questions of nonhuman life and animal status.